Even though these pictures are of my son at 15 months, and the album is really his first year, I thought they portrayed the characteristic I was going for. My youngest is definitely a Mama's boy, so while there is always drama, I can usually get him to smile...notice that the last photo in the strip where he spotted me taking his picture and a trace of a smile shows up.
I've loved this paper for a long time, but was never sure how to use it. It is very busy which I find difficult to use on pages. But with simple black and white photos the paper really shines. I used a green band to break up the page a bit and give a solid backdrop for the photos. I decided to set the photos in the strip off center. I knew what I wanted the title to say, but I struggled with how to make it stand out against the page. Then I found this solid blue paper that matched the patterned paper. I rounded the corners like the boxes on the patterned paper and put my title on top.
I have also had this 'happy' purple paper for a long time. I loved how the word JOY stood out above the photo. Once again I used 3x3 squares and then a 3x6 for the larger photo. I also rounded the corners of the photo mat like I did on the title.
This spread is such a classic representation of my son. I'm so glad I found the extra space in his album that allowed me to capture some of his childhood character.



No comments:
Post a Comment