I wanted to know HOW TO DO THAT! Unfortunately for me, the camera had a feature that isolated certain colors as you take the picture.
Then I saw this layout in Scrapbooks Etc. and knew I had to try to figure out how to edit my pictures like this.
I began where I often do when trying to learn something new, I did a google search on how to create this effect in Photoshop Elements. Turns out my version also has a simple way to isolate colors. There is a smart brush tool with a reverse black and white option. It turns your photos black and white and then you use the brush to "paint" back in the color. By moving the cursor over certain objects the tool returns the color. I had a lot of fun recoloring the pumpkins in these pics.
This layout was a VERY late night creation during a recent weekend crop with friends. I could barely keep my eyes open, but was determined to complete the pages. It ended up becoming my favorite spread of all the ones I made that weekend.
A couple of ways I stretched myself in this layout. I used a paisley print. As someone that is obsessed with clean lines and simple layouts, that was a step for me. Granted the print is very mild due to the monochromatic tones, but still. :) I also refrained from matting my main photo in any way. It's strange how some things become so habitual. I realize these are very small steps, but steps they are. I hope I can continue to push myself in new directions, large or small, in life and in scrapbooking.





No comments:
Post a Comment