Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pretty as a Picture

I found my inspiration for this layout from our Christmas cards.  I took these pictures of my family back in December, and loved the way the card came out.  I really wanted to capture the essence of the card in my layout.

For the layout of the pictures I used a sketch created by Donna Jannuzzi from her 6 weeks of sketches: week 4 challenge.  Check it out at www.ellapublishing.com  




When I saw the sketch I just knew that it was perfect for these photos.  Using my Cricut and the Sure Cuts A Lot program I created a pattern of branch cutouts.  I cut the red cardstock and then layered it on top of white paper to mimic the look of the card.  I then cut a strip of white cardstock and placed it across the edges of the red and brown papers to finish it off.   I must say I'm pleased with how it turned out.














































5 comments:

  1. Great layout. I like the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is FABULOUS!!! I just love it...thanks for sharing it with us at FCCB. I know our readers will just LOVE it! :)

    Lori (THCEO)
    FCCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. I like the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails