White is great for flowers, paint trim, fluffy clouds, crisp sheets. It is not a color that I use often for scrapbooking other than to mat a photo. But in this spread I decided to use white as my background color.
I took these pictures of my son at the final class in his gymnastics session. I loved all the bright cheery colors in the photos. I wanted to pop the colors without competing with the photos of my proud gymnast. Using white is a great way to highlight bright colors.
For the large photo I used a 4x6 so for the smaller photos I used 3x3s and then put a 3x3 block of colored paper beneath them. This was another opportunity to use my leftover paper scraps. Yay! I chose colors that complemented my photos.
I then printed my journaling on vellum and adhered it to the simplest block of paper.
My lesson on this page? Don't let the use of white space flip you out. White makes brights look brighter. And leaving that white space draws your eye to the pop of color, and the true story of your page. And that IS something to flip over!



No comments:
Post a Comment