Well although tomorrow is technically the first day of spring we are expecting a snow storm. Anywhere from 4-8 inches of snow are being predicted. Yikes! So in honor of that chilling forecast I decided to post a spread of my son's pre-school Christmas program where they sang "Frosty the Snowman."
To highlight the snowman costumes I decided to use black cardstock as the background. I matted the photos with a large white rectangle and edged it with a pale blue paper. I really wanted to use the small blue snowflake sticker. Then I decided to to repeat the circle theme with a blue half circle of snow paper at the bottom of the page. I loved these white glitter chipboard letters I used for the title. I even love how the variety of letter sizes makes the word form a bit of a wave.
The large white area to the left of the main photo was a happy accident. I miscalculated the size of box I needed and I originally intended for the journaling to go there. In the end I didn't have enough journaling to fit in this space. So while studying the page the buttons on my son's costume stood out to me. I decided to repeat the buttons in the white space.
After I had finished putting the photos in the white box I decided I wanted to add one more picture. So I added it to the bottom and balanced it with my journaling at the top. I then pulled out a sheet of jewels and made my own snowflake for a bit of sparkle. I don't get to do that very often on my boys' pages!
As much as I love winter and snow (I truly do), snow in March is just wrong! So hopefully this snow will be short lived and warm weather will return quickly. My next post will be warmer...I promise! I just hope the weather will be too!



No comments:
Post a Comment