Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

March Birthday Memories

This coming weekend is my boys' combined birthday party.  Even though their birthdays are 12 days apart I never intended to have their parties combined.  My youngest son's day comes earlier in the month of March than my older son's.  For my youngest's first birthday I really wanted him to have his own party, but a few days before he woke up with the stomach flu.  Since I already had a party planned two weeks later for my oldest, and the same people coming, it just made sense to combine them.  I already had bought things for two totally different themes so we had food and decorations for one child in the dining room and the other in the kitchen.  Since the parties were combined I decided to combine the pictures onto one layout too.

For the photos on the left I used a photo collage that I downloaded free of the internet.  I used a strip of patterned paper across the middle of the photo collage.


I decorated the page with both monkey and construction stickers for both of the themes.  I actually don't love how they came out, but done is done in my book!


The paper I used to accent the left page I used for the title on the right.  The paper is two sided so I was able to use the stripes for the word birthdays and the dotted side for the rest of the title.

What started at first as an accident has become a pattern.  Last year my husband was deployed and returned in time for my older son's day but not for my younger son's.  So once again we combined so that Dada could be there.  This year he is deployed again, and won't be home in time.  So as a single mom for the moment I decided 2 parties in 2 weeks was too much!  Good thing too cause they were both sick and we had to reschedule anyway.  I know these days of combined parties won't last.  For now my boys love many of the same things, and each other so much.  They love being together...why not celebrate that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails