Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Building a Birthday

Since my son just turned 3, I was way behind on scrapping his 1st birthday!  My big issue was that during the party my camera died and I had to use my Mom's to finish taking pictures of the event.  Then the camera went home with her and the pics ended up on her computer.  Not that this is much of an excuse since my Mom lives about 12 min away.  Yet every time I went to scrap this event I realized I STILL didn't have the photos.  Then this past January as I was prepping for my yearly weekend crop I decided that now was the time to get the photos and finish my son's baby book.

We had a construction theme for the party.  I chose this green paper for a background because it reminded me of grass.  The photos are pretty colorful but with such simple paper I really wanted some more design to the page.  I thought this was the perfect opportunity to use my scraps.  I pulled some of my favorite blue, orange, red, and green scraps and cut them into 1x3 inch strips.  I then offset the strips in a brick pattern to make a band across the page.



Most of the photos are 3x5 with a couple of 2x3s tossed in for balance. The main birthday cake photo is a 4x6. I had bought some construction stickers and a title that said Birthday Memories. I wanted to use the Birthday part but the Memories word just didn't fit. I found the candle sticker and thought that would make a great 1. So then I started trying to figure out how to make the st for 1st. There was an 's' in memories so that was easy. I then cut up the M and the i and created a 't.' It's not perfect, but it works for me!
I had fun using construction words in my journaling.  This page is very simple, but so me.  I really enjoyed finding a way to use up some of my favorite scraps and FINALLY finishing this page.  I felt like I really "built" a wonderful page to celebrate a wonderful day! (tee hee)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails