Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

What Products Represent Your Scrapbook Style?

Over at Ideas for Scrapbookers Pam has issued a blog challenge.  What products represent your scrapbook style?  If you want to play along click here to see her original post.

What an interesting question.  To see examples of "my scrapbook style" you can peruse this blog or check out my scrapbook.com gallery here.

I wasn't even sure where to begin, but I decided to look to paper first.  While I love orange, I tend to scrap most often with green.  I love simplicity, so busy patterns are difficult for me to use.  I am most often drawn to tone on tone patterns or papers with very modern colors and graphic images.  Since I have two boys and don't get to scrap "girly" very often.  I love to throw in a little glitter on my paper.  It feeds my soul.  :)

Anna Griffin - Isabelle Collection - 12 x 12 Glittered Paper - Blue Circle
Scrapbook.com

Another staple in my arsenal is my Cricut and SCAL.  Since I bought my Cricut and the Sure Cuts A Lot program I have yet to make a page without them.  I love the versatility of cutting any font I want (without cartridges) and any image I can find on the internet.  I can make laser cut style paper, embellishments, anything my brain can think up.  Being cheap like I am, making my own is definitely the way to go!

Provo Craft - Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter
Scrapbook.com


This might seem silly because I am a paper scrapper but the next thing that defines my style is my computer.  I use it to run my SCAL and Cricut, to do all my journaling, to find ideas, to edit/resize/print my photos, and also to share my work via this blog.  It is as essential to my work as a tape runner.
I'm laughing at myself as I write this post because so little of it so far is actual scrapbook materials :) but the other thing that defines my style is straight lines.  I measure EVERYTHING.  Back when I first started scrapbooking I would even measure the layouts in magazines that I was lifting.  I decided to use 1cm in a magazine image to equal 1in.  It typically worked.  A ruler is a definite staple in my work and also defines my style.  Clean lines all the way.
12" Grid Ruler with Stainless Steel Edge
Scrapbook.com

I think the other thing that defines my style is creative journaling.  I always want my page to tell a story.  I hadn't realized my style of journaling was unique until I started blogging.  I kept receiving comments about how I journal which made me see that my journaling is a definite part of my style.  I don't use store bought journaling blocks on my pages but for the purpose of this post I'm sharing one I found that I thought was adorable.  
K and Company - Citronella Collection - Journal Pad
Scrapbook.com

Thanks for checking out the products that represent my style.  If you decide to play along with Pam's challenge leave me a comment with a link so that I can check it out!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails