Has it really been nearly a month since my last post?? Man the summer is slipping by! I've been thinking a lot recently about organizing as I finish unpacking boxes in our new home. I recently discovered a blog called Simplify 101 all about organizing! It's my new favorite spot to visit. Recently there was a blog post about creating a "summer sanity saver" (aka chore chart). I LOVED the idea and couldn't wait to make my own.
Since my boys are still young I wanted to use pictures on my charts. It took me awhile searching on google for images that would fit my needs. And this is what I came up with.
Some activities I expect of my boys every day, so those were printed directly onto the chart. We are learning to read digital time so I wanted the chart to have some times on it. Each day each child will have one specific chore. I used velcro dots to attach the rotating chore onto the chart.
Since Keaton is younger he is not expected to shower on his own every day. :) At the bottom of the chart the boys will get a star for the day if they complete their required chores. If they don't finish a chore then there are two for the next day.
Here are some examples of the chores the boys will do. Now they are 3 and 5 so these chores are much simpler than they may seem. When I see clean the van, I mean take out the toys and papers that have accumulated on the floor of the van. Or vacuuming is using the handheld vac to clean up crumbs under the stools at the island. But even at 3 and 5 I think it is so important for the boys to participate in our home.
Each day we also have an activity of the day. Some are fun and some are work. The boys and I talk about how they are a part of our household community and they need to contribute to taking care of our home. They are so excited to get started.
These are some of the activities of the day that require caring for our household community. On these days the boys chore will correlate with what I am doing that day. On laundry day they will help put away their clothes. On grocery day they will help put away groceries. On the day we wash the car, they will help...and let's face it that one will seem fun to them! On the day I clean the house they will clean in some way as well.
But it is summer! We have to have fun activities too. So here are some examples of the fun we will have this summer.
So have fun and try making your own chore chart! Or leave a post with your email and I'll send you mine. It's a simple word document. I just printed it on cardstock and had it laminated.
I feel like things are so much easier to keep up with when there is a plan! Even you can have fun organizing!






No comments:
Post a Comment