Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Scrapping Again!

I have spent this week working on unpacking my office/craft room.  I once again have a space to scrap...FINALLY!  So this afternoon I took the opportunity to assemble a spread I've been waiting to do for months.  Back before we moved, I sketched several layouts I wanted to do, but knew I wouldn't be able to do until after the move.  Today was the day.  :)


I based my sketch on this layout by Noel at Paper Passion Pixel Mania










I based the layout around this family photo taken at Thanksgiving.  I only had the one picture, but wanted to spread it across the page so I cropped different portions of it, to highlight various relationships.

I still wanted the main photo to stand out.  So I matted it on white paper.  But that was a bit too blah, so I pulled out a new punch I recently bought (Martha Stewart Scallop Dot Border Punch).  I really liked the way it turned out.

In organizing my scrap room I decided to sort my product by color (got the idea from Stacy Julian's "Scrap by Color" podcasts).  When I pulled out my brown tub, I found these word stickers.  They gave the layout the last perfect touch.






















I layered strips of patterned paper across the page and the pictures.  I love the subtle color variations.

I've wanted to use this retro tree SVG ever since I found it.  I was very excited to use it on this page.  I bent the edges a bit to give it dimension, and left the curls on the branches popping up instead of gluing them down.

No journaling needed on this page.  No story to tell, just a moment to honor the family that is mine, and my love for them.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like how you created additional photos by cropping the single pic you had to work with. I've done that before, as well, and its very effective, as you've demonstrated here! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. Yay for having work space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. Yay for having work space!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails