Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

What Characters!

It's hard to believe that Halloween is coming around again.  My boys are already talking about what they want to be this year.  As I begin to search for costumes I thought that I would post my layout for last year's Halloween.


I found my layout inspiration in Scrapbooks Etc.  I loved the circles and thought it would work perfectly for my Halloween layout.


I was totally enthralled with the idea of backing black cardstock with patterned circles.  Since my layout needed to be two pages and I had a lot of photos I used this page as a base, but sketched it out to make it work for me.


I kept the number of photos even between my two boys. I left spots to feature 3D stickers of each of the characters they portrayed.


As I often do I made one photo larger and matted it to make it stand out.  For the circles I used patterned paper with tone on tone colors so that they wouldn't compete with the colorful photos.


I used pop dots to make the circles stand off the cardstock.  The depth is visible when you look at the layout, but is hard to see in these photos.


I wanted some visual division between the series of photos and the rest of the layout.  I found this sheer ribbon that fades from yellow to orange.  It was the perfect addition to the layout.  So that you wouldn't see any adhesive I ran the ribbon through my Xyron.  It worked perfectly.

Not only did my boys dress as favorite characters, they were quite the characters themselves that evening.  I loved the play on words for my title.  I can't wait to see what characters they will decide to be this year!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these layouts are amazing! Super cute.
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Character filled!! What a nice layout, beautiful job! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness these layouts are amazing! Super cute.
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails