I would call myself a hybrid scrapper. My final product is always on a paper base. I use embellishments, ribbon, buttons, etc. But my laptop finds it's way into every layout too. I edit photos before printing them, and sometimes use photoshop elements to create a collage. I almost always type my journaling. And when I use my cricut it is with SCAL and not cartridges.
But today I made a jump. I made a fully digital item. I know...alert the presses right?!? I've been seeing and hearing more and more about digital pages. And lately the hosts at Write.Click.Scrapbook that blog about digital have been catching my attention. Then yesterday I stumbled across a blog hop with MANY free coordinating Christmas digital kits and something happened. I started downloading everything in sight.
And so today, after a week of dealing with one sick child, and one extremely whiney tantruming child, I decided it was time to take a Mommy break. So while the boys were napping I was scrapping...digitally. I wanted to start small so I began working on a design for our family Christmas card. I found a design I loved at shutterfly.com but wanted a different size card. So, like I often do, I scraplifted. :)
Here is my inspiration. But I didn't want to just use their design...I wanted to play with my new digital elements. And practice some of the techniques I've been learning about.
Here is my version. It manages to do what I always want to do at Christmas. Tell a little about our year without the long additional letter.
The gray boxes will hold pictures eventually. Still need to do our family photo shoot for the year. I gotta say, I really like how it turned out and I love that I did it myself!
Maybe you too are itching to try something totally new! Well I say, take a break from the things that are weighing you down and JUST DO IT!


Thanks for the inspiration, Monica! I do have an itch to break away from the very labor-intensive holiday cards I usually do, so you are really giving me something to think about! :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad! I'm all about make it once and print out a lot of copies. :) Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSo glad! I'm all about make it once and print out a lot of copies. :) Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the inspiration, Monica! I do have an itch to break away from the very labor-intensive holiday cards I usually do, so you are really giving me something to think about! :)
ReplyDelete