Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Some Feb Love!

I discovered another inspirational photography class for the month of February.  



It's called The Joy of Love and best of all...it's free!

February 1st: what they do


Loving his time at home on a Tuesday.  Blizzard conditions has kept us home together for two days now.  Nothing like loungin on the computer when you should be at work.


For this I used a Seventies action from Pioneer Woman.  I think it gives the photo a more laid back feel than the original bright colors.




What do my boys do?  They play with legos and they play with each other.


Other than a contrast boost and crop this is SOC.  In our dark hallway I did have to use flash.



Whatever big brother does, little brother does too.  :)


This one was taken without flash.  You can see that it is a bit blurry but that's ok.  I did have to adjust the lighting in Photoshop so it wasn't so yellow.




See Mommy?  Look what I made!


Did you see it?  :)

I love the change in focus between these two shots.  I did pump of the eyes on this one using this tutorial.




Together?  They play the "getting game" where there are lots of kisses, tickles and giggles!















February 2nd: how they look


My youngest was willing to sit for me.  He is silly, cracks himself up, and always full of smiles.


For both shots I adjusted the coloring for skin tone to reduce the yellow cast that was SOC and then did a contrast boost.  I also did the bright eyes tutorial from above.


My oldest wanted nothing to do with the camera.  I could only bribe him to sit for one shot (by promising to bake cookies together after...which I was planning to do anyway).  tee hee :)

Snuck in a second shot before he could run off.  Both of these shots show his personality.  A bit shy of being the center of attention and usually serious.

Again I adjusted for skin tone and then added a contrast boost.


Shot this one when he peeked up from hiding his face.  I did do the bright eyes here as well.


Since my hubby is home with us, snowed in, I got a few shots of him as well.  I've been wanting to take some good pics of him for awhile so I was glad he cooperated.


He very quickly started feeling silly.  And laughing is definitely a huge part of his personality so I was glad to have captured that!


Full blown laughter going here!  Love this man!  :)

I did so many edits on these it's hard to remember them all.  I know I brightened his eyes, reduced the red tone in his skin, and on the final pic I added a bit of glow.

Looking forward to finding many more ways to photograph love this month!  Why don't you join me?!?



2 comments:

  1. Great shots! Love all the smiles that you captured. Looks like a fun time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! Love all the smiles that you captured. Looks like a fun time

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails