Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Basketball Fun

Did you think I'd forgotten about you?!?  Even though I haven't been posting I have still been scrapping.  I took Stacy Julian's class i.Scrap at Big Picture Classes.  It was awesome!  I now have a nearly completed mini album honoring 2010.  Once I finish up my journaling I'll be sure to post the final product.

 I've been wanting to scrap my son's basketball pics for a few weeks now.  But I have to admit I was a little intimidated.  I've never scrapped sports before.  I started by sketching a layout back when the team photos came in and just hadn't gotten around to scrapping it.  And then I saw this post over at Stacy Julian's I love color blog.  It was all about using orange and gray as a color palette.  And that's when it clicked.  Orange and gray were perfect for my son's basketball layout.

 It helped that their uniforms had gray in them and that basketballs are orange.  :)  And I felt like the burgundy of their uniforms still worked if I kept the color very minimal in the accents.

The jersey and basketball were cut on my cricut using SVGs from the Sport Lovers collection over at SVGcuts.com.  I thought they turned out super cute!

I had fun with buttons on this page.  I wanted to make it look like a basketball bouncing across the page.  The arrow was leftover from the cut outs in my journaling block.

On this side I mimicked the ball angling toward the basket.

Have I mentioned that I love Stacy Julian?  :)  This orange cardstock is from her Happy Colors collection.  So cute!  It was my first attempt at sanding.  I just used a nail file and sanded the words.  So easy!!  In retrospect I probably should have sanded only a few words to highlight them.  But I still like the look.

 Orange is one of my favorite colors so I loved finding lots of places to use orange.  The orange cardstock matting my son's picture has a real nice shimmer to it.  I love how it shines.  And I had fun busting out some new orange ribbon to create some cohesion between the two pages.  I have to say I also like the texture on the gray cardstock.  It reminds me of the texture on a basketball.  :)

Initially I had just a block of white paper for journaling.  It looked so bland.  So I started digging for a punch to dress it up.  I decided on these arrows.  Then I tossed in a few buttons for fun.  I LOVE how they turned out.  That was what inspired me to add the basketball-esque buttons in other areas of the layout.

Who knew scrapping sports could be so fun?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails