I followed my old standby, search google for great ideas. I read articles on posing for portraits and found lots of great images I like. Most photography blogs don't allow you to grab their photos and save them to your desktop (totally understand that!) but I wanted a few of my favorite shots on my iPod so that I could refer to them during the shoot. So I took a few screen shots on my computer and uploaded the inspiration pics to my iPod. I let her look at them to give her some posing ideas and I carried it with me for when I needed a fresh idea. It worked great!
A couple of days before the shoot I scouted out a couple of public locations for our shots. I knew she was bringing several outfits so I used my home as her changing location and made sure the photo locals were close by. After about 2 hrs I had 195 pics. Whew! I ended up editing about 25 of those shots. Here are a few of my favorites.
Maybe I could do this portrait thing after all. :) Not sure I want to dedicate the evenings and weekends it would take, but you never know. For now it is enough for me to have been able to get some great Senior Portraits for a friend!






No comments:
Post a Comment