Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter Egg Colors

This year I am participating in Layout a Day this month (or LOAD).  At two days in, I've managed two layouts.  :)  I think my secret is going to be allowing myself to make simple layouts.  Like this one...


This year we colored Easter eggs for the first time.  I decided to focus my Easter layout on that rather than the standard Easter morning pics.

I got my layout inspiration from this spread by Autumn Baldwin in the May gallery over at Write.Click.Scrapbook.  My paper interpretation of this digital layout is fairly literal.  And I love how it turned out!

I decided to use kraft paper as the background because it reminded me of an egg carton.  I found this yellow strip of patterned paper in my scraps and knew it would be perfect.

This block had me stuck for a long time.  I started with a white rectangle and it was blah.  Then I switched to a pale yellow and it was better but not there yet.  Then I decided to use this chick but it just didn't work at first.  I went through so many renditions before deciding to pull out a border punch.  And that did it.  I love the frame it creates for my embellishment!

While the egg photo is not the central picture on the page I am still so glad that I took it.  I love how it highlights the title about the many colors of Easter.

The Easter was part of the chick and egg sticker set.  I thought it was so cute.  By adding some white letter stickers I was able to complete the title.

I took a tip from Lain over at Layout a Day and drew lines for my journaling.  I drew them first and then wrote enough journaling to fill the lines.

I realize that it took me far too long to allow my children to color Easter eggs.  Now that we've started, I know this will become a tradition in our family!

What Easter tradition have you scrapbooked lately?  Leave us a link in the comments so we can all check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails