Since I started LOAD (
Layout a Day) this month I've had lots of opportunity to scrap. Then I signed up for Lisa Day's
Big Picture class 28 Days of Sketches. I thought it would be great inspiration for all the LOAD layouts I'm making. Then I participated in the Creative Crop over at BPC on National Scrapbooking Day. Phew! Lots of scrapping going on around here! Which allowed me to get to work on some pics I hadn't had time to scrap yet.
We participated in the Step Up for Down Syndrome walk last September. But when I saw that one of the Creative Crop challenges was to create a layout using banners I knew these pics would be perfect!
The yellow shirts were so bright I decided to use white paper for most of the layout. Gave the eye some visual rest in the midst of all the busyness! But for a little added fun I used this yellow gingham paper as a border around the outside edge.
This digi banner by Crystal Wilkerson was perfect for a race layout!! And printing it out then cutting around the flags and adding it to my page makes it a lovely hybrid layout! Love that!
On this page I was able to add two 4x6 pics. One of us altogether and one of a smiling Emily! :) And there was still plenty of room for a title and journaling.
When you are doing a layout a day you need ways to make it simple. Letter stickers are definitely one of those ways! Another Crystal Wilkerson banner on this side of the page to highlight the title!
For someone who does not like to handwrite my journaling I'm sure doing it a lot lately! Draw some lines and write away. Working well for me this month! Maybe I'm changing my ways! :)
Do you support a charity? Have you ever scrapped about it? Share a link in the comments and give the cause on your heart a voice!
No comments:
Post a Comment