Have you ever had a piece of patterned paper that you just love? Or a blank wall that you didn't know what to do with? Why not bring those two things together to create one fantabulous piece of art!?!
My son's nursery presented exactly that problem for me. (Sorry for the strange neon glow to this photo!) I'm not one that goes for cutesy in a nursery. I didn't want to decorate with animals, or clowns, or boats. I wanted something colorful and graphic. Since I couldn't find anything that suited me I decided to make my own. I wentand purchased nine 12x12 frames. I sorted through my stash and found nine sheets of pattern paper that matched the colors in the room. Framed them and hung them in a grid. And simple as that I was done! And I loved how it turned out!
Granted that was 4 years ago in a different house than we live in today, but the idea is still a great one!
Here is the rest of the nursery just for fun. You can see the frames hanging above the dresser/changing table.
I can't wait to find a spot in this house to try out a similar technique. I'll let you know when I do!
Have you ever used scrappy supplies to create art to hang on your wall? Link us up so we can see!

Love this Monica! I haven't forgotten about you and the photography stuff...it's just been on the backburner for now :) I've linked this up on Practical Scrappers today!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Christine!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Christine!
ReplyDeleteLove this Monica! I haven't forgotten about you and the photography stuff...it's just been on the backburner for now :) I've linked this up on Practical Scrappers today!
ReplyDelete