Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Like Father Like Son

You've heard the phrase, "I shall call him mini me" right?  Well that is my husband and our youngest son.


I saw a challenge over at Practical Scrappers to make a layout with woodgrain paper.  An then the assignment for The Mother Load this week was to make a layout using old supplies.  I knew I could do both in one layout.

And the woodgrain made me think of the word ingrained.  I then started thinking about all the similarities between my husband and my youngest.  I knew I had a layout in the making.







Just so you know, no matter what you see in the photos the background paper is gray.  :)  Sometimes pics don't do a layout justice!

 

No resemblance at all right?  HA!  Same haircut, same ears, same smile, same, same, same!  If it weren't for the 70s sweater on my husband you'd swear it was the same person.


When looking for layout design I went into my Pinterest board and looked for inspiration.  I came across this one by Moon Ko over at Write.Click.Scrapbook.  I loved the look.  So I started to scrap!


As I was digging through my supplies I found this sticker.  PERFECT!  I cut some green paper to back it, and rounded two of the corners.  I wanted to give it some dimension so I popped it up with pop dots.


The left side needed a little something extra so I added this orange tab and a couple of green hearts.  I'm not 100% sure that the photo of my husband was at the age of 3 but he looks so much like my youngest at 3 that I made that assumption.  So I put the dates 1980 vs 2010.

The paper I used to back the pictures is actually digi!  So you know it came from Crystal.  :)  I just printed it out on white cardstock.  LOVE how it turned out!



For the journaling I went into Photoshop Elements and made text strips.  I used more woodgrain paper behind the text.  The journaling is essentially a list of some of the ways my son and husband are alike.


I needed something between the journaling and the title.  So I started digging through by color bins.  I found this piece of Starbucks cup holder and cut it into a square.  Then I got out my bracket punch and punched the edges.  Which made it look like a tree to me.  To make it stand out I used white chalk/ink to edge it.  Then I cut an orange heart for a bit of color.

For the title I started with another text strip.  I didn't have any stickers that would work for the word ingrained so I went back to an old standby, my Cricut.  To finish the title off I grabbed a white pen.










Who resembles who in your family?  Are there any funny characteristics you share with someone you are related to?  Have you ever scrapped those similarities?  I'd love to hear your stories and/or see your pages!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails