I just had to show you the cover of the album again. So cute! But I'm gonna have to fancy it up a bit. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. Suggestions?
For the title page I used a pattern that included colors from the rest of the album. I've titled it 120 days because that is {about} how long my husband will be gone. Travel days aren't counted in the total by his company. Should be though! ;)
The white letter stickers were a little hard to see against the busy pattern. So I took a black sharpie and outlined them. Messed up on the Y and wrote across the letter. Just took another Y and placed it right on top of the first. Problem solved! And you never use all the Ys anyway!
Here is the first spread all complete. Just looking at it makes me happy! I love the way it looks which makes me excited to work on it each week!
This page uses a pic we took the day before Daddy left. I used some of his emails to document his trip over. I plan to include email/facebook communication between he and I throughout the album. I made the journal block overlay to house them. Be looking for a tutorial to show you how to make your own!
As I said yesterday I chose a highlight photo to add to the 2x2 block next to the date. For those of you that followed my Week in the Life you know that our car accident was a major event in the week!
Here is the second spread of the week. It includes photos and journaling. I might include an embellishment down the road if I think these pages need some color.
For the left side I chose two 4x6 photos that documented major events of the week. Skype calls with Daddy and my scrapbooking weekend.
On the right I made a 4x6 canvas and added 3 more photos from the week. The most important one being me doing dishes. Something that my husband can't seem to do while he is away! {he typically does the dishes in our family}
In the bottom spot I placed my journaling block. I used these 4x6 journalers from Ali Edwards. Just love her stuff!!! I went ahead and printed up enough for the entire album. Each week I'll just pull one out and begin writing. I love making things easier for myself!
And look what I have here! Week 2! Which means I WAS productive yesterday. :)
Sorry the pics are a bit dark, it was rainy here and not much natural light to photograph in!
Here's the divider page with my 2x2 picture. One of me enjoying a cup of hot tea. As the weather cools off I plan to do a lot more of this!
And here is an example of how I will use facebook for my journaling. I just did screen shots of the conversations I wanted to capture. Then I added several of them to this 4x6 canvas with a frame {adapted from the email overlay to say facebook}. Worked perfectly! And I added one of my new favorite embellishments. A simple circle tag found at an office supply store. Just cut a circle of pattern paper and stick it inside. For this one I also added a smaller scallop circle to write on. So easy! And adaptable for any project!
The rest of this week's pics are on the back. So you see next week's title page next to them. But that's just how the math works for this album. And I don't mind at all!
I cut a simple strip of pattern paper to use as a label for the top picture. For the bottom slot I made a 4x6 canvas in PSE and put an Ali Edward's journal card on one side and my pic on the other. Gave me a small spot to tell the story of that photo. Also a nice option for using a vertical photo.
There you have it! Two weeks down and.... A LOT more to go. ;) But hopefully having this project will make things go by a bit quicker!
What do you think of how things are coming together? Any suggestions? I'd love to hear your thoughts!














I saw this in the FPF gallery. Looks great, Monica! I have that same album and the paper. Perfect for a family of boys!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! I'm loving those papers!! I'd love to see what you do with yours!
ReplyDelete