Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

I Feel Pretty

I'm still on the Mother LOAD wagon.  ;)  One week in and I've made a layout every day.  Some more intricate than others but I'm ok with that!  And the layout I'm sharing today I actually made, from start to finish, in less than 30 min!  How awesome is that?!?!


In Basic Training (the first 9 weeks of the Mother LOAD class) Lain had us take a photo a week.  One week the challenge was to take a photo of ourselves.  For this layout we were challenged to scrap that photo.






Color Inspiration: I LOVE this paper but wasn't sure when I'd get the chance to use it.  A photo of me seemed like the perfect opportunity!

Design Inspiration: I wish I could show it to you!  The sketch came from a 15 min layout challenge over at ScrapHappy.  It's password protected so I can't show you, but you could join and get the inspiration for yourself all year long!


I've been trying to figure out what to do with these pins for a long time  I love them but didn't know how to use them.  Truth is...I still don't.  :)  But this was a start.  I used Glossy Accents to glue them down and hid the point of the pin behind the photo. I also added a little sparkle to the butterfly with some Diamond Stickles.  So pretty!


Sing it with me, "I feel pretty....oh so pretty..."  It doesn't happen all that often.  But this day I felt pretty AND managed to capture it with a camera. Doubly amazing!  ;)  So I just had to honor that with my title.

Check out my tips for taking a self portrait and snap a shot of yourself on a day you feel pretty.  It's worth it, I promise!


My husband is right.  How I feel about my looks does have an impact on how my day goes.  As a stay at home mom I am realizing more and more how important it is to still get up and do myself up for the day.  Even if...maybe especially if...I'm not going anywhere.









What is it that makes you feel pretty?  When was the last time you scrapped a picture of yourself?  Heck, when was the last time you TOOK a picture of yourself?  Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear all about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails