Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Turn Over Your Camera

I know, I know, you've heard it before...it's time to get yourself in pictures! But it's so true!!

About a year ago my Dad suffered a massive stroke. It was at that point I realized that I had very few pictures of my parents. Neither particularly liked having their pictures taken...so I didn't. But when faced with nearly losing my father I decided that was over. They were getting their pictures taken whether they liked it or not!

It was then that I realized my boys don't care if my hair looks good, or how thin I am. All they care about is that they have pictures of their Mom. It was time to get myself in pictures too!

You can always take a self portrait, but today I want to encourage you to try another technique.

Turn over your camera!!


I especially like turning my camera over to my children. Not only do I get pictures of myself, but I get pictures from their unique perspective!



I usually don't give my boys my big camera (Nikon DSLR). But occasionally I let my oldest take a try. Since my boys see me taking pictures all the time they love to play photographer too. And the are getting pretty good at taking pictures! All of the above photos were taken by my oldest.


While traveling to NYC this summer I realized trips are another important time for turning over your camera. My secret is to look for other couples carrying a camera. Offer to trade taking a photo of them if they'll take one of you. Every time I made the offer I was met with smiles of relief. And I got lots of pictures of my husband and I together on our trip.







What are your tips and tricks for getting yourself in the photo?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails