Wednesday, March 31, 2010
FRIENDS
It's week 3 of the TV inspired scrapbooking challenge over at the Ella blog. The challenge this week was to make a page about a show you have seen over and over. No contest here, that would be Friends. I own all 10 seasons on DVD and watch them all the time. I like to have a TV going when I am working around the house, or scrapbooking, or working in my classroom at school (when the kids aren't there of course). I knew that my page had to be inspired by Friends for this challenge.
As I was reflecting on the page I decided to focus on my own friends, and all they have done for me while my husband has been deployed. Since I don't have photos of the many friends my journaling referred to I decided to use one large picture from the TV show.
I decided to frame my journaling with the frame seen on the back of Monica's door on the show. I found an image of the frame online and used my SCAL program to trace the image, then cut it with my Cricut. I sketched the swirl detail on the frame with glue and added yellow glitter. I was very pleased with how it turned out. I then printed my journaling on vellum and added it into the frame. I focused my journaling on characteristics of each of the Friends characters in relationship to the support I have gotten from my friends during the last few months.
Once again I used SCAL to trace the Friends logo for the title. Instead of the small dots used in the logo I chose to use buttons. That will allow me to enter this spread in the designer showcase over at the Ideas for Scrapbookers blog. I love double dipping!
I added a touch of bling to the lower left corner of the page. Using a few gems and a blue marker I created some swirls for a bit of added effect.
I'm so intrigued by scrapbooking things that relate to me. Until now, my scrapbooks have been almost all about my kids. If I show up at all, it is usually with my children. This page is about me and reflects on the people in my life that have definitely been there for me "when the rain starts to fall." Thank goodness for FRIENDS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Cute layout. Thanks for joining us over at Fantabulous Cricut!
ReplyDeleteAwww...what a great idea. Thanks for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut!
ReplyDeleteAdorable!! Thanks for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut:)
ReplyDeleteGreat layout, and this will be an wonderful memory for years to come. So glad you joined us at FCCB! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, this brings back a lot of memories!!! My fave show in college! Love it...thanks for playing along at FCCB! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, this brings back a lot of memories!!! My fave show in college! Love it...thanks for playing along at FCCB! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat layout, and this will be an wonderful memory for years to come. So glad you joined us at FCCB! :)
ReplyDeleteAdorable!! Thanks for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut:)
ReplyDeleteAwww...what a great idea. Thanks for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut!
ReplyDeleteCute layout. Thanks for joining us over at Fantabulous Cricut!
ReplyDelete