Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Let's Go to the Movies!

When my oldest son was 3 years old I decided to try taking him to the movies.  The local movie theater showed kids movies in the AM for only a buck.  For two more dollars you could have drinks, popcorn, and candy.  I was so excited to have this time together seeing a "real" movie.  Unfortunately my son was not so excited.  He loved the snacks and the time with Mama, but every time we went he decided 15-20 min into the movie that it was too scary.  :)  One of our outings I brought my camera and took some shots of the two of us together.  

These shots were your standard, hold the camera away from yourself and shoot.  By creative cropping you can't really tell that my arm is holding the camera.  It did take lots of clicking to get any good shots.  Holding a D-SLR like that is not the easiest thing in the world.  :)


I loved the yellow patterned paper and thought it went well with these photos.  Usually I back pictures and papers with white.  This time I chose to use black.  I think it really allowed the photos and paper to pop.


I chose to utilize a photo strip on the right page because it reminded me of a filmstrip.  The movie embellishments were the perfect accent to this page.

Whether we saw the movie or not, I loved the special time I got to spend with my oldest son.  I'll take that kind of movie mishap any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails