Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Beautiful Babies

I am so in love with Ella's new book Double Page Design.  Today I blew through two layouts, scraplifted almost exactly but so what!  :)


This fall I took these photos of my niece, nephew, and sister.  I was looking for a way to scrap these adorable pics.















I can't show you the inspiration layout but you can buy the whole book for only a few bucks!  Pop over to Ella Publishing and check out their eBooks.  Especially Double Page Design written by the folks over at Write.Click.Scrapbook!


In the inspiration layout digital handwritten frames were used.  They were so cute but I didn't see why I couldn't just actually hand draw them.


I loved the idea of hanging these pics in a trio.  And adding a block of patterned paper gave the layout some additional interest.  I made each of these blocks 3 x 3 and the white mats 3.75 x 3.75.  I used a simple fine point sharpie to draw the frames.


For the title I just hand wrote the words and added a few swirls.  Simple, but perfect for the layout!


The larger photos were 4x6 and I made the frames 4.75 x 7.  The square photo and journal block were 4x4 with a 4.75 square mat.


I drew the strings and hooks with my trusty sharpie (just the way they were in the inspiration layout).  This is one instance where things didn't need to be perfect, and in fact were better if they weren't.


Even my journaling is similar to the inspiration layout.  I used the technique I talk about here to print my journaling on the patterned paper.

I'm so in love with this layout!  Thank you Ella and Write.Click.Scrapbook for your amazing inspiration!

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails