Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Grandpa

My Grandpa...he was one of the most important men in my life.  And yet, technically he wasn't my Grandpa.  He married my grandmother at age 50, her second marriage but his first.  Having no children of his own, his grandchildren meant the world to him.  I knew that he deserved a layout all his own.


Digging through the many photos of my Grandpa was emotional for me.  I LOVE this one of him in his Coast Guard uniform.  Such a handsome man!


I never scrap 8.5x11 so I knew I'd need plenty of layout inspiration.  So I went to one of my favorite sites Write.Click.Scrapbook and searched their 8.5x11 layouts.  I loved this one!  You can see I did a literal lift of this layout.


The inspiration layout had more pics than I wanted to use.  So I filled the extra spots with paper.  I actually got this paper pack in the dollar section at target!


I chose a picture of my Grandpa playing with Barbies (love that man), a picture of him with me as a baby, and a picture of us climbing trees.


I knew that I wanted to journal about how much my Grandpa meant to me but I couldn't let this tree climbing story pass.  And yes, I know I misspelled climbed but I didn't take the time to go back and re-do the journaling (which is why I hate hand writing the journaling)!  :)


The inspiration layout had stitching on it.  However I was at a crop when I made it and didn't have a sewing machine.  Enter a ruler and brown sharpie.  Instant stitching!  I really like how it turned out.


It doesn't matter that this man is not my biological grandfather he really was a true grandpa!


I never knew how much scrapping my story would mean to me.  I love that I now have a record of the man my grandpa was to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails