Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Comfort Food

As I've worked on my All About Me album I started reflecting on what I wanted to say about my Grandmother.  I mentioned a bit about her here on my Educated Women page.  And I know I have more of her story to tell.  But it occurred to me that all of my favorite foods tie back to her.  So I decided to create a page honoring that connection.

I wanted the layout to exude comfort so I used warm colors.  Forgive the missing picture!  :)  I knew what I wanted to go there but hadn't taken the pic yet.  I have taken it now, but not printed it or added it to the page.  I'll show it to you later.

My inspiration came from Ann Costen over at Write.Click.Scrapbook.  I just love their monthly galleries! So much inspiration over there!!!

So I made myself a little sketch turning Ann's 12x12 page into two 8.5x11 pages.

I thought it would be fun to include some hearts in the photos of this food I love.  So in both the egg salad and the popcorn pics I created hearts.  I wanted to show the love for my grandma and the food that has a special place in my heart.

I just love the combo of popcorn and cheese.  Mmmmmm...

On the left page I used one of the photo blocks for the title.  And by using some lined paper I was able to create a space for my journaling.  I also got to use some floral papers on this page.  Love making pages about me so that I can use some girly products!  :)

I wanted the title to use two types of letter stickers...check.  And I wanted the word Comfort to stand out...check.  I also wanted the title to form a block and have the edges line up...che...oh well, you can't win them all.  :)

To continue with the warm feel I chose a red Sharpie for my journaling. More handwriting...what is my world coming too?

Have you ever made a page about some of your favorite foods?  Link us up so we can see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails