If you've been hopping along you came here from Jill's blog "Life...As I See It." If this is your first stop you can go back to the beginning or just hop along from here. There will be links at the end of the post to all the blogs in case you get lost along the way.
Here is my OLW project for July.
The task was to create a playlist for our word. So I needed 9 songs to represent my word "present." And then we were to take a line from the song and make a canvas with those words.
I did not trust my handwriting enough to do all of these by hand. So I made them in PSE. I used Ali's official font for most of it. To replicate the stamped look on Ali's page I used thick fonts and clipped digi papers to them. I love the depth it gives each of those words.
I had to elicit help from my friends on facebook and my blog readers to figure out my 9 songs. Lots of listening to Mickey songs around here and I needed some new tunes! I even promised my readers some happy scrappy mail (aka blog candy) if they made a suggestion that I ended up using. (pssst- you'll see who's songs I chose if you read along).
"Technicolor" by Tim Myers. Stacy Julian used this one for a slideshow of her layouts in the Finding Photo Freedom classroom. I was hooked and had to download it right away.
Stacy also has some playlists on her blog. I discovered this song there. (pssst-in the next post you can see my very own playlist of OLW songs)
I knew this song from Wicked had to make my list. If you saw my video tour of our NYC trip mini album you know why I love this song so much!
I've loved this song for awhile, but when I posted my plea for help on facebook my brother-in-law reminded me that it would fit for the word "present."
One of my loyal blog readers told me about this song. I heard it on the radio literally a few minutes after reading her comment. As I listend to the lyrics I knew I had to include it in my list.
(And yes Jen that means you won one of my happy scrappy mail packages. Email me your address and I'll get it in the mail to you! smbradford@kc.rr.com)
I just love Point of Grace. So I did a search of their songs and discovered this beauty. Love it!
Rent is one of my all time favorite musicals. So I knew the song "Seasons of Love" would be a perfect fit.
My friend Katie recommended several songs. But this one struck a cord with me. Since Katie is not a scrapper I won't send her any scrappy mail but I do have a little something special in the works to say thanks for her suggestion!
I was stuck on what song to choose for the final spot. Then Sharon came through by commenting with this suggestion. She's using it for her word "perseverance" but it is perfect for "present" as well.
(Sharon email me your address and I'll get something in the mail to you as well! Thanks for your help! smbradford@kc.rr.com)
I used a Hambly transparency for the 5x5 pocket. Anyone surprised that it's in orange? :)
I added a little shipping tag with the words "Music transforms the soul." To give the tag some color I added a small metal tag with some green paper and a butterfly brad. Love how it turned out!
On the back of the transparency I put some bling and another butterfly. So fun!
And here is the songs altogether once again. I had a lot of fun with this month's challenge. If you'd like to hear some of my songs check out the next post for my playlist!
Next stop on the blog hop is Lynn. So hop over and leave her a little comment love! :)
Do you have a personal theme song? Or just a favorite song right now? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Here is the full list of OLW blog hop friends.
Margie http://xnomads.typepad.com/blog
Nikki http://www.inkyart.com.au/
Monica B http://questtoperfectimperfection.blogspot.com/
Cheri http://cheriandrews.blogspot.com
Jamie http://jmpgirl.blogspot.com
Jill http://jillconyers.typepad.com/
ME
Lynn www.crafty-creativity.blogspot.com
Melissa http://blog.mshanhun.com
Sam http://learncreatedo.wordpress.com/
Jenn www.studiojenn.blogspot.com
Maureen http://cookingmylife.blogspot.com
Chrissy http://getcraftywithchrissy.blogspot.com/
Jan http://mysimplelittlelife.typepad.com
Kimberly http://foreverdaisies.blogspot.com/
Kathryn http://www.katlodesigns.com
Lisa http://backtoallen.com/writers_blog
Amanda http://scrappnbee.blogspot.com
Cassie http://craftycassiescorner.blogspot.com/














beautifully done and some really great songs you chose for your word.
ReplyDeleteThese are great songs and quotes! I never thought to ask my readers for help. What a cool idea! Thanks for sharing your olw experience and good to have you back on the hop! -Amanda
ReplyDeleteSomehow accidentally posted under your playlist. Love the stories of how you chose your songs!
ReplyDeleteGREAT pages! I love how you shared your choices. Blessings as you continue on the OLW journey! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Amanda! I knew I'd never find 9 songs without help! :)
ReplyDeleteNo big deal Cheri, I saw it there. Thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jan! I really appreciate that!
ReplyDeleteGreat page and great songs! I love your saying on the tag "Music transforms the soul", so true.
ReplyDeleteMy theme song is Firework by Katie Perry (my word is Ignite).
Everything looks beautiful! I love this. So glad to have you participating this month. Welcome back! : )
ReplyDeleteGreat lyrics there! I too had a hiatus, but it's good to be back on track.
ReplyDeleteThanks! My boys and I LOVE the song Firework!
ReplyDeleteThanks Margie! It's really good to be back!
ReplyDeleteI agree Maureen! It feels good to be back on track with my OLW!
ReplyDeletebeautifully done and some really great songs you chose for your word.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Cassie!
ReplyDeletereally great work this month, monica! i am intrigued by so many of your songs. how cool to invite input from your blog readers. i can't wait to get onto itunes & check out the songs i am unfamiliar with. glad to see you back this month!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks wonderful. Love the orange transparency and your choice of songs is perfect.
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower on GFC :)
Life…as I see it [Fitness, Health and Happiness]
great clean look. like the green contrast on the green. causes the key words to hold one's attention. the orange transparency same thing. nice contrast.
ReplyDeletethanks for coming back and sharing!
~J
Thanks Jenn! I was excited to have so many new songs to listen to. Technicolor is definitely my favorite!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Jill! Always glad to have new followers. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Jamie! I'm obsessed with the look of green and orange right now. It pops up all over the place in my OLW album. :)
ReplyDeleteI tried to get Technicolor too, but it's not available on Australian iTunes :( It would have been great for my word Create. Love your orange and green.
ReplyDeleteThat is a total bummer! It is my current favorite song! Especially because of the line, "orange and green, that's what I'm feeling.." :)
ReplyDelete